Life’s a journey! Say “Bon voyage” in style with these great travel gifts for your favorite globetrotter.
1. STM Drifter Laptop Backpack: Tech-toting travelers will get a charge out of the plethora of pockets allowing easy access to e-reader, computer, smartphone, cables and charger. Plenty of padding keeps your computer safe and makes it comfy to carry. $149
2. Yosi Samra Ballet Flats: Smart fliers know a slip-on is the way to go. These comfortable walking shoes fold up and easily fit in a purse. They even come in an adorable gift box. $66, Gigi Bottega, 612 Davis St., Evanston, 847- 425-5158
3. Anne Taintor Luggage Tag: Frequent fliers will get a laugh out of this luggage tag. Hopefully, it’ll help them smile—even if their flight’s delayed. $10, Fixture, 2108 W. Roscoe St., Chicago, 773-244-3100
4. Coolibar Sun-Protective Tunic: Headed somewhere warm? Your beloved will look chic on any shore with this colorful cover-up made from sun-protective fabric. At night, wear the tunic with a pair of white pants to take it from the beach to cocktail hour. $90
5. Bric’s Quattro-Light Cabin Trolley: Keep calm and carry on—in style. Want to treat your jet-setter to something special? This Italian luggage line has an international reputation for hand-crafted items of the finest Tuscan leather. $1,675, Kaehler Luggage, 553 Chestnut St., Winnetka, 800-314-2247; 670 Central Ave., Highland Park, 847-433-6500
6. Q Card Phone Case: Simplify your travels with a phone case that doubles as a wallet. The leather-like case by CM4 is made for Samsung Galaxy and iPhones, allowing you to safely stash the bare necessities—credit card, ID and some cash—in your pocket. Available in a rainbow of colors. $40