Dare we call this a healthy cookie? It’s full of good-for-you ingredients, but don’t tell your children, just enjoy.
Banana-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium banana)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips and/or 1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine banana, butter, sugars and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add egg and beat well.
2. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes until golden.