On a night when the candy is calling, tempt your little ghouls with a cheesy fondue made with parmesan, a kid favorite. A little trick to get them to eat their veggie treats.
Prep time: 5 min.
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 packages cream cheese, cubed (8 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese (5 oz.)
1. Combine milk, garlic clove and cream cheese in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until the cheese is melted.
2. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until heated through.
3. Remove the garlic clove. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm.
Complete the menu: Serve it in a witch’s cauldron with Skeleton Bones, Frankenstein’s Guts, Eerie Eyeballs and Ghost Brains. For a beverage, try warm cider mulled with a cinnamon stick and cloves. Add a shot of apple brandy to the adult cups.
Cook’s note: This recipe makes more fondue than you’ll need. Serve leftover cheese sauce over pasta mixed with any leftover veggies.
Halloween Dinner shopping list
This shopping list is for the complete dinner with Boo Fondue, Skeleton Bones, Frankenstein’s Guts, Eerie Eyeballs and Ghost Brains.
- 1 pound ground chuck or ground round
- 2 packages cream cheese (8 ounces)
- Milk (2%, whole, even skim whatever you drink will work)
- 1 container grated parmesan cheese (5 ounces)
- 1 container shredded parmesan cheese (5 ounces)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 bunch parsley
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Olives with pimentos
- 1 package refrigerated breadsticks (11 ounces)