Of every recipe I’ve ever shared, this has to be the most popular.
You’ll only spend 10 minutes assembling ingredients and then it’s into the oven. An immersion blender makes quick work of pureeing the soup.
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 8 cups chicken broth
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons cream, or half and half
1. Combine carrots, parsnips, onions, and ginger in large roasting pan. Dot with butter and brown sugar. Add two cups broth, cover with foil and roast for two hours at 350 degrees.
2. Puree in batches and add remaining broth and the cayenne. Heat to a gentle boil then stir in the cream at end.
Cook’s Note: Save even more time by using pre-peeled baby carrots.