Kids love this hands-on meal, it only takes one frying pan and it’s figure-friendly, because you can serve the rice on the side.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into almost a mince
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 bunch of scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 8-oz can sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
1. Heat oil in large, heavy skillet. (This is the only pan you have to get dirty!) Sauté the chicken until it begins to brown. Then add garlic, ginger and scallions and cook for a minute or two. Add the water chestnuts, hoisin, soy and vinegar and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
2. Sprinkle with cashews and serve with the lettuce leaves for wrapping around the chicken.