Susan’s family even has a song for these. The tune is “Christmas Bells,” but sing “Chocolate Balls” and when you get to the part “it’s Christmas time in the city,” sing “it’s Christmas time at the __________ house.” Fun and festive.
Makes: 24 cookies (more or less)
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 bag chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- 1 bag butterscotch chips (12 ounces)
- 1 bag chow mein noodles (12 ounces)
1. Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together either in a double boiler or in the microwave. Add the chow mein noodles and mix until they’re all coated.
2. Drop by the tablespoon onto cookie sheets lined with either wax or parchment paper. Let cool for at least an hour.
Cook’s Note: These are also popularly known as “Reindeer Haystacks,” in which case you would sing “Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer.”