For caramel and pecan lovers or just kids who love turtles . . .
Chocolate Turtles Recipe
Makes 20 turtles
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 60 pecan halves
- 20 pieces caramel candy, unwrapped
- 12 ounce bag semisweet or milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Put your children in charge of making the turtles. Three pecans per turtle, placed with the tips touching (so it’s a 3-legged turtle). Top with an unwrapped caramel. While the children are constructing, an adult can melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
3. Place the turtles in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Once the caramels soften, take them out of the oven and flatten with a spoon. Top with a generous spoonful of the chocolate and let cool.