Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 shrimp, shelled
- 1 ½ cups cold cooked rice
- 1 ½ teaspoon canned green peas*
1. Beat one egg, adding a dash of salt. Fry with a little oil into an egg sheet. Remove to plate.
2. Heat oil and sauté shrimp, over medium heat for 1 minute, adding a dash of salt and pepper. Add one beaten egg and fry until set. Add rice and check for taste. Cook for 2 minutes. Mix in green peas. Place on egg sheet. Make 1 serving.
Cook’s Note: The original recipe calls for canned peas, but frozen ones will improve the taste. Also, this recipe is very adaptable. Add thinly sliced scallions, tofu, or a bit of pork or sausage.
Peas, canned or frozen