Try this scrumptious marinade for flank steak, skirt steak or London broil.
It’s easy and fast. And every time I make it, someone wonders aloud: “Why we don’t have this every night?”
Flank Steak with Soy Marinade
Prep time: 10 min., plus 6-8 hrs. marinating time
Cook time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp. stone ground or country-style mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 lbs. flank steak
1. Start marinating this steak in the morning for dinner that night. In a glass measuring cup, make the marinade by combining all ingredients except the steak.
2. Put the steak in a zip-lock bag, and add the marinade. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
3. Remove the steak from the marinade. Grill (or in a pinch, broil) the steak for 7 minutes on each side for medium. Pull the meat off and let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice against the grain in thin slices.
Complete the menu: With corn on the cob or potato salad, and fresh sliced tomatoes, you have a classic late-summer menu.
Wine note: This meal is worth pulling a good red out of your cellar to toast the waning days of the grill. Try a Meritage from California or a Malbec from Argentina. The Wine Discount Center has Remolinos Vineyard Agrelo Malbec 2007 for about $16.
- 2 pounds flank steak (skirt or London broil will also work)
- Soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Stone ground mustard