Pecan Apple Bites
Makes about 20
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- ⅔ cup apple butter (try Eden Organic Apple butter from Whole Foods)
1. Place pecans in a food processor and process until roughly ground. Add oat flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; pulse to mix. Pulse in agave nectar until finely ground and mixture holds together (be careful not to over process or mixture will become too pasty).
2. Remove 1/2 cup and set aside. Stir apple butter into remainder. Roll into walnut-size balls and roll in reserved nut mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
3. Serve chilled.
Note: Adapted from Delicious Living.