Everyone loves this popular dish from Noodles & Company, and now you can skip the trip and make it yourself at home.
This recipe is super easy, nutrient-dense and makes a perfect kid-friendly dinner when you’re crunched for time—and it’s a good alternative to the usual mac and cheese. Another bonus? You can make four or five servings at home for the price of one at Noodles.
My sister first started making this dish at home when she moved to Houston, where there aren’t any Noodles & Co. locations nearby. Her only other culinary claims-to-fame are buttered noodles and…well, that’s about it. So if she can do it, you can do it.
- 3/4 box whole-wheat cavatappi noodles
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2/3 cup store-bought pesto
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan, and cook cavatappi noodles as directed.
2. Saute mushrooms and tomato in a tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Mix noodles with pesto, stir in mushrooms and tomatoes. Garnish with a splash of olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
Optional: Toss in strips of grilled chicken breast to add extra protein to this dish.