Vanilla Balsamic Marinade
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried organic parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried organic basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste
- 8 (4 to 6 ounce) 1-inch thick Salmon fillets
- Canola oil, salt and freshly ground pepper
1. For the marinade, combine the olive oil, shallot, parsley, basil, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and vanilla paste into a blender and puree. Pour evenly into two containers and set one container aside.
2. Preheat the grill. Brush each fillet with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Brush the tops of the fillets with the marinade, discarding any remaining marinade.
3. Place the fillets marinated side down on a grill rack over direct heat. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until dark grill marks appear and the marinade begins to caramelize. Turn the fillets and grill for 3 to 4 minutes longer. Serve with the reserved marinade.
For additional recipes and serving ideas, go to www.nielsenmassey.com