Post-workout or as a mid-afternoon energy boost, this smoothie has tons of goodies—protein, leafy greens and berries—all in a yummy vanilla base.
Superfood Smoothie Recipe
Prep Time: Less than 15 minutes
- 1 cup of water or coconut water
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1/2 raw beet, cut up
- 1/2 cup frozen organic mixed berries
- 1 handful raw dark leafy greens, such as spinach or kale
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Ice as needed
1. Combine water or coconut water and protein powder in a high-power blender and give it a whirl.
2. Add greens, raw beets, frozen berries and blend 15 seconds.
3. Add flaxseed and coconut oil; blend 15 seconds.
4. Add ice, as needed, and blend until smooth.
Karen Malkin is a holistic health and nutrition counselor. Her practice focuses on the psychology of eating while helping men, women and athletes achieve optimal health through the power of food and healthy lifestyle habits. To learn more about Karen’s work please visit her website.