The Operations and Ad Sales Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Make It Better organization and works closely with the Chief Operating Officer, Publisher and/or Ad Sales Manager, and Art Director.
The ideal candidate has a friendly demeanor, superior organizational skills, and the ability to multitask to complete projects in a timely manner. This person should demonstrate exceptional customer service, professionalism, and problem solving skills.
Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years experience working as an Executive Assistant or Sales Assistant in a professional services firm. The candidate must also have strong organizational, technical, and communication skills both written and verbal. Attention to detail, good decision making skills, and the ability to work in a cross functional and high energy environment are necessary. Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM tools a plus. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (including Excel), Google Analytics, Google Docs, and DFP. General electronic workflow skills a must.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office — Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and knowledge of electronic work flow.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Docs, DFP, Campaign Monitor, and online form builders.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines requiring solid project management skills, including both organization and multi-tasking, and the flexibility to accommodate rapid change.
- Ability to organize information quickly and at a high level.
- Self-motivator with the ability to learn quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports entire staff with daily office needs, room reservations, mail intake, and office organization.
- Prepares monthly supply orders — marketing materials, office supplies including supplies for Xerox printer — and keeps office in organized fashion.
- Maintains files — advertising contracts, invoices, etc. — both paper and online.
- Reviews and compares Salesforce reporting with executed advertising agreements to ensure accurate reporting and invoicing.
- Prepares invoice packages for Agency Clients in accordance with IOs and mail to appropriate parties.
- Makes collection calls on delinquent accounts and send copies of invoices when requested.
- Assists with magazine bulk list circulation — including internal orders, confirming magazine orders for events, and sending deadline reminders to staff.
- Oversees print and digital ads to ensure files are in final form and are ready to upload at deadline.
- Routes materials and proofs to sales reps and advertisers for review and approval.
- Follows up with advertisers when materials or approvals are behind schedule.
- Acts as the point person for any questions regarding project work flow and client submissions.
- Inputs advertising leads into Salesforce and sends follow-up request to the appropriate salesperson.
- Sends media kits to prospective clients including preparation of cover letter, assemblage of appropriate materials and magazines, and mailing the package.
- Prepare and circulate weekly sales meeting agenda.
- Pull creative information and social media details on clients to prepare for sales calls.
- Participate in Make It Better supported events and support the company mission.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Sharon Krone ([email protected]).
NO PHONE CALLS.