Greetings. And thank you for your valuable attention.
As you probably know, Make It Better’s mission is to be your most trusted, easiest-to-use community resource, helping you improve your life and the lives of others by connecting you to businesses and the carefully vetted nonprofits we support. This Guide to Giving will help you to give to those in greatest need and ensure that your gift will have maximum impact.
To see 100 percent of your donation go directly to worthy recipients, consider supporting the winners of Make It Better’s 2015 Philanthropy Awards and our Warming Hearts & Hands program, which gives new winter outerwear to the homeless. This program is partarticularly dear to me because it developed out of a request made by my son after we had dropped off items to a homeless shelter and food kitchen on Christmas Eve: “That felt great. I’ll enjoy my own presents more now. Can we please do this with the whole family next year?”
Make It Better has worked with every nonprofit highlighted in this guide and proudly recommends supporting all of them. We love being the connector and growing support for worthwhile causes. If you have any nonprofits you recommend too, please tell us about them.
In the meantime, we’re thankful for you and wish you happy, healthy holidays full of family, friends and the joy of giving to others.
—Susan B. Noyes
- No More ‘Checkbook Philanthropy’! Get Passionate About Giving
- Are the Charities You Support Using Your Money Wisely?
- Why YOU Should Shop For Good This Holiday Season
- 4 Ways to Teach Kids About Philanthropy
- Impact Investing: Putting Your Money to Work for Good
- Engaging Teens in Philanthropy
- 4 Ted Talks That Will Change the Way You Think About Charity
- Want to Change the World? What One Philanthropy Expert Says is the Key