On Nov. 16, Make It Better staffers surprised six nonprofits to tell them that they won the 2015 Make It Better Foundation Philanthropy Awards.
Each year, the Make It Better Philanthropy Awards honor outstanding nonprofits in and around Chicago. The grand prize for each nonprofit is a professionally produced, TV-quality video about their organization, plus significant coverage on Make It Better, digital marketing assistance and more. The 2015 winners will also receive proceeds from Shop For Good, Make It Better’s e-commerce platform, in December.
The 2015 winners are:
- Snow City Arts of Chicago for the Arts Award sponsored by Susan and Richard Kiphart
- Academy for Global Citizenship of Chicago for the Education Award sponsored by Dolores Kohl
- Fresh Start Caring For Kids Foundation of Arlington Heights for the Health & Wellness Award sponsored by Nancy Searle
- GiGi’s Playhouse Down Syndrome Achievement Centers of Hoffman Estates for the Human Services-Empowerment Award sponsored by Shirley and Pat Ryan
- Housing Opportunities and Maintenance for the Elderly (H.O.M.E.) of Chicago for the Human Services-Social Service Award sponsored by the Edwardson Family Foundation
- James B. Moran Center for Youth Advocacy of Evanston for the Social Justice Award sponsored by Ann and Dennis FitzSimons
Learn more about the 2015 Make It Better Foundation Philanthropy Awards and the Make It Better Foundation.
More from Make It Better: