The warm and cozy tastes of autumn are served with healthy whole-wheat pasta in this dish, which is also served in our cafe and is featured in the new Green City Market Cookbook!
Perfect with a nice loaf of country bread like the one we sell in our Market, and a great Italian Arneis wine like Bruno Giacosa Arneis for $27.99.
1 pound whole-wheat fusilli
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cups butternut squash cut into 1/2 inch cubes
4 cups leeks, chopped
4 cups baby spinach – roughly chopped
salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
4 oz. log of plain goat cheese
In a sauté pan large enough to hold the vegetables, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
1. Add the squash and sauté until browned, approximately 5 minutes, stirring them until golden.
2. Turn the heat to low. Add the leeks and sauté until soft, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
3. In the meantime, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente.
4. Add the spinach to the squash and leeks, tossing with all the ingredients until slightly wilted.
5. Toss with the hot, drained pasta.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Distribute to six pasta bowls
8. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and dot with goat cheese.