Whether you’ll be skiing in the mountains or soaking up sunshine on a beach, bring along one of these chic resort pieces that will travel well and can easily take you from day to night.
1. The ultimate breezy maxi dress will take you from the beach and then to dinner. This one comes in a variety of beautiful colors.
2. Carrie Kane and Sharon Watrous, owners of Evanston’s Chalk Boutique, assure us that leather isn’t just for fall. They say these soft gray leather pants can be paired with a silk blouse and pumps for evening, or wear them with Converse sneakers and a knit for a relaxed daytime look.
3. Kane and Watrous suggest layering with a lightweight jacket that can be worn multiple ways. “A canvas jacket rocks a pair of black leather pants and booties, but transitions effortlessly into a casual piece when worn with black denim, tee and flat boots,” the pair says.
4. Tolani does beautiful prints like this lightweight 100 percent silk tunic that can be worn over leggings or as a dress on its own.
5. Every woman needs a comfy cardigan, wrap or scarf to snuggle up in on the plane. This featherweight cashmere hooded cardigan is timeless, classic and so convenient for traveling. Donna Sternaman, owner of Mattie M in Winnetka, says, “Wear this piece on the plane or out to dinner on a cool evening. It also makes for a fabulous swim cover-up.”
6. A drapey cotton cardigan in a neutral color will become your go-to travel piece. During vacation, throw it on over a tee and pair with jeans or shorts.
7. In addition to great clothes, accessories can truly bring your outfit up a notch. Ideally, a purse that can be worn multiple ways makes for effortless travel and fewer bulky items to pack. Davi Berk and Paula Zacharia, the owners of Willow Boutique, recommend this versatile bag for travel. The adjustable strap allows you to wear it as a shoulder bag or across the body, and the rear cell phone pocket gives you easy access for spur-of-the-moment photo opps. “The strap also detaches for a great evening clutch, Berk and Zacharia add. “It’s the perfect day into evening bag in a great pewter color.”
8. Berk and Zacharia love this Rebel Bracelet, which has a snap closure and comes in two sizes. It is ideal to dress up a daytime outfit or add a little sparkle to your evening look.
9. For easy access, a tote with multiple pockets keeps items within reach and is large enough to carry your necessities along with a scarf and camera.
10. This Taylor and Tessier leather wrap bracelet with gold accents and rutilated quartz can be paired with multiple outfits, whether it’s a cozy sweater or strappy sundress.