Add a little flair to the at-home salad rotation with a salad from That Little Mexican Cafe.
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 – 1 cup jicama peeled, julienned
- 1 fresh orange, peeled and cut in sections
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup Queso Fresco
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled, quartered, and roasted
- Roasted garlic to your liking
- 1/4 cup apple vinegar
- Pinch or two of Mexican Oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Put mixed greens in bowl with jicama, orange piece, squeeze of lime and queso fresco.
For dressing, place the first 3 ingredients into the blender. Blend slowly while adding vinegar, oregano and honey mustard.
Add parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper just before it’s done—not too thick, not too thin.
Add dressing to salad and toss.
That Little Mexican Cafe