This cookie is for ginger-lovers, and if you’re trying to avoid butter, it’s made with canola oil–no one will ever know.
Makes 30 cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup canola or safflower oil
- 1/4 cup molasses (not robust)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, egg, oil, molasses and water. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
2. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat just until combined.
3. Drop by the teaspoon onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.