Founded with a singular vision to revolutionize the nonprofit sector, the Make It Better Foundation has spent more than a decade identifying, championing, and bolstering the missions of the most transformative nonprofits. Our journey, which began on May 1, 2007, has seen countless collaborations, heartwarming success stories, and, above all, a steadfast commitment to positive change.
Our Legacy and Commitment to the Future
As we carved our niche, our unique blend of content and philanthropy emerged as a powerful tool for nonprofits collaborating with Make It Better. Over the years, our prestigious Philanthropy Awards program further cemented our dedication and impact in the venture philanthropy arena. As our world continues to face ever-evolving challenges, we’ve upped our game, harnessing our influential platform and allocating a wealth of resources to back the most promising nonprofits spanning numerous sectors.
Sectors We Champion:
- Arts & Culture
- Environment and Sustainability
- Mental Health
- Wellness & Medical Research
- Women Empowerment
- Social Justice and Civil Rights
- Human Services
- Sports & Fitness
Carrying Forward Our Commitment to Excellence
Looking to our past successes as building blocks for our present and future strategies, we are continuing our commitment to harnessing the power of impactful storytelling, community engagement, and purpose-driven initiatives with the following pillars underpinning our approach:
- Easy-to-Use Tools and Expertise: Offering both turnkey and bespoke approaches to sharing your organization’s story and engaging new audience and supporters.
- Collaboration: Harnessing the power of collective expertise and influence, we are prioritizing ongoing collaboration with social entrepreneurs, philanthropists, and media partners.
- Proven Vetting Process: We continue to vet nonprofits through a well-established venture philanthropy lens.
- Grants and Awards: Leveraging our digital expertise to highlight and uplift worthy beneficiaries.
- Storytelling: Working with outstanding journalists, artists, and other content creators to tell impactful narratives with actionable insights and recommendations.
- Engagement: Fostering a digital hub of mutual support, growth, and audience engagement.
- Data-Driven Decisions: Anchoring our strategies in solid metrics and insights.
Content That Connects:
We understand the power of storytelling that not only informs but also deeply resonates. Our varied approach to content ensures that nonprofits reach their desired audiences in the most impactful format possible.
- Inspirational and Advice Articles: Impactful storytelling with actionable advice and calls to action.
- Matching Grant Campaigns: Incentivizing support.
- How to Help Articles: Simple, straightforward ways to take action in response to a cause, crisis, or the urgent or ongoing needs of a nonprofit.
- MIB TV/YouTube Channel: Videos that teach, engage and mobilize.
- Gala Media Partnership: Fundraiser support and promotion through storytelling.
- Better Makers: Post-fundraiser recaps
- Philanthropy Awards: Recognizing nonprofit excellence
- “You Said It” Submissions: You speak up, we amplify. Similar to an OpEd, a “You Said It” piece can be a launchpad for engagement and support. Outstanding submissions not only earn a $1,000 donation but also gain an opportunity to be considered for our Philanthropy Awards, and open doors to more considerable grants and collaborations in the future.