Solve everyday problems with these unexpected solutions.
1. Mix cream of tartar with a little water or vinegar to tackle tough stains, like that grubby grout in the shower.
2. Rip out old magazine pages and use them as fun, cheap wrapping paper.
3. Shave your legs with a thin layer of olive oil. You’ll get a closer shave with less razor burn, plus your legs will be silky smooth.
4. Run dryer sheets along your baseboards to repel dust, dirt and pet hair. They’re also handy for cleaning pet hair off furniture.
5. Mix 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup vinegar in a microwave-safe mug or bowl, and heat until it boils. This combo melts away gross stains and food so you can easily wipe your dirty microwave clean.
6. Fill a coffee filter with potpourri or baking soda and close with a twist tie. Throw these cheap and chemical-free air fresheners in drawers, cars, closets, wherever.
7. Repurpose a pretty picture frame to make a one-of-a-kind vanity or serving tray.
8. Remove a tricky splinter by soaking your finger in Epsom salt and water. Epsom salt forces the splinter to the surface of your skin for quick and painless removal.
9. Rather than bringing harsh chemicals into your home, sprinkle cinnamon to drive away ants.
10. Treat skin blemishes overnight with a dab of honey covered by a bandage. The anti-inflammatory effects of natural raw honey totally beat the old toothpaste trick.