Let creativity bloom with these springtime crafts the whole family can enjoy.
Flower Power Pens
This double duty craft will spruce up any desk or workspace while also preventing “sticky fingers” from walking off with your pens.
- Ball point pens
- Floral tape
- Silk flowers
- Small flower pot
- Trim flowers so they are about two inches shorter than each pen.
- Wrap pen and flower stem with floral tape. Make sure the tape goes on smoothly to avoid unwanted bumps.
- Place flowers in a flowerpot filled with pebbles (to help keep the flowers in place).
Junk Drawer Broach
Who knew de-cluttering could be so fruitful? These broaches are made with recycled items commonly found in junk drawers and cabinets.
- “Junk drawer items” such as tea light holders, buttons, paper clips, felt, ribbon, etc
- Safety pin or broach pin
- Needle and thread or glue
- Use scissors to cut fringe into the tea-light holder.
- Cut felt into a circle or flower.
- Glue felt on top of tea light flower.
- Sew or glue felt, buttons, sequins or any other decorative “junk” to the inside of flower.
- Add a paperclip stem with glue.
- Attach a safety pin or broach pin to the back of your flower.
- Allow 24 hours to dry before wearing.
Heidi Borchers and the team from i love to create came up with this clever idea that turns a water bottle into a flowery fashion statement.
- Water Bottle (cut into a 2 1/2 inch-wide ring)Tacky Glue
- Denim Fabric
- Colorful Fabric (cut into a large flower)
- Decorative Buttons or Sequins
- Use tacky glue to cover the water bottle ring with denim.
- Glue fabric flower to the denim.
- Add buttons, sequins, or any other decoration.
- Wear with delight knowing your bracelet was once a water bottle.
Related MIB articles: