Located near some of Southern California’s most coveted activities, Newport Beach is the perfect place to launch a day of exploration.
From a variety of pristine beaches, water activities and premier shopping to art galleries and theatrical performances taking place year-round, you are free to create an itinerary tailored to your interests.
1. Captain a Duffy Boat on Newport Harbor. Enjoy guided tours, be dropped off at one of Newport’s popular restaurants or experience the harbor as the captain of your electric Duffy boat.
2. Explore ocean wildlife on a Sea Lion Eco-Kayak tour. Begin with “kayaking basics” on the beach and then go into the ocean to paddle along the Laguna Beach coastline to explore coves, tidepools, sea lion sanctuaries and seal rockeries with a personal guide.
3. As autumn arrives along the coast of Newport Beach, attend The Resort at Pelican Hill’s annual three-day harvest season celebration, which brings the sights, sounds, tastes and traditions of Italy to Southern California’s Tuscan seaside village.The series of weekend events features art created before your eyes, regional Italian fare and live performances by musicians, dancers and flag bearers.
1. A trip to Southern California wouldn’t be complete without a delicious Mexican meal. Javier’s Cantina & Grill in Newport Beach offers the best regionally influenced home-style Mexican cooking and the largest selection of premium tequilas in Orange County. A bonus: the contemporary tropical setting right off Pacific Coast Highway.
2. Enjoy incredible seafood and world famous mai tais at Billy’s at the Beach. Serving more than 1,000 mai tais a week and live entertainment nightly, Billy’s is known for it’s fun, aloha atmosphere.
3. Looking for a breakfast cafe that the locals favor? Haute Cakes Caffe’s signature orange ricotta cakes with mixed berries and house made granola are both favorites.
1. Visit Catalina Island. Board a high-speed boat and arrive in Catalina in about an hour. Enjoy the island’s scenic tours or the shops and restaurants in Avalon.
2. Stop by Laguna Beach’s famed Pageant of the Masters, a 90 minute display of “living pictures,” or re-creations of classical and contemporary art pieces with real people posing to look exactly like their counterparts in the original works.
3. Wander around Fashion Island, which offers unique shopping and dining in a beautiful open-air atmosphere. Fashion Island is Southern California’s premier coastal shopping destination with an ocean view and nearly 200 stores, including Orange County’s only Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom and numerous exclusive boutiques, as well as many casual and fine dining restaurants.
1. Located on the coast of Newport Beach, The Resort at Pelican Hill has been voted #1 Resort in the United States by the readers of Condé Nast Traveler and received the “2012 Grand Resort” from Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report. Make sure there’s time to take it all in. From relaxing treatments at The Spa at Pelican Hill® and championship ocean-view golf to exquisite cuisine and beaches, with shopping and seasonal activities nearby, the friendly staff will make your stay unforgettable.
Want to make it easy? Have Lake Shore Travel book your trip and make all the arrangements for you!