These chocolate pixies are also called chocolate snowflakes because the confectioner’s sugar makes the baked cookies look very snowy.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes (plus 30 minutes to chill)
Baking Time: 1 hour
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1-2 cups confectioner’s sugar for rolling the cookies
1. In a large sauce pan, melt the chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Stir in the remaining ingredients, except for the confectioner’s sugar. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (but can be longer).
3. Preheat oven to 300°. Shape cookies into balls and roll in confectioner’s sugar. Bake on a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet for 18-20 minutes.