Looking to change up your chicken routine? Try this dish from Francesca’s North:
- 1 whole 4-pound chicken
- 4 potatoes peeled and quartered length wise
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped shallots
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 4 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon of dry herbs (Rosemary, Tarragon, Thyme, Basil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Stuff chicken with dry herbs.
2. Heat up the olive oil in a roasting pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and sear all around until golden brown. Add the potatoes and place the pan in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
3. In a separate pan, sauté shallots, garlic, and chili flakes.
4. When shallots and garlic are brown, add lemon juice and white wine.
5. After lemon juice and white wine have reduced by half, add chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
6. Take the chicken out of the oven, and set aside to cool before cutting and serving. Meanwhile, remove the excess grease and oil from roasting pan. Deglaze with sauce. Taste sauce and adjust seasoning and consistency if needed.
7. Mount sauce with butter and spoon over the chicken and roasted potatoes.