The cookbook, “Time for Dinner,” written by three former editors of Cookie magazine, is full of easy, family friendly recipes.
Including four dinners that you make in muffin tins—cute and quick cooking. These turn leftovers into dinner or make them in mini muffin tins for adorable appetizers.
- 1 8.25-ounce can creamed corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Jack cheese
Fillings of your choice: Shredded rotisserie chicken or pork, beans, shredded lettuce, extra cheese, chopped tomatoes, sliced radishes, sour cream, guacamole
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the corn, salt, and 1/2 cup water. Whisk in the cornmeal and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the butter and cheese, stirring to combine. Remove from heat.
4. Grease a 6-cup muffin tin. Divide the corn mixture evenly among the cups, pressing it into the bottom and up the sides to create cups. (Great job for a child!)
5. Bake until crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then turn the corn cups out of the tin.
6. Stuff them with the fillings of your choice and serve.