A new season means it is the perfect time of year to update your look.
Follow these six tips from Carla Makowski, Andreas Hogue Salon’s top stylist and design team leader, to guarantee a fresh cut you’ll love this spring.
1. Schedule a consultation with your stylist.
This is the most important part of your new look.
2. Bring photos of styles you would love to try.
This really helps your stylist know the direction you would like to go.
3. Ask your stylist what cut would work best for your texture.
It’s very important to pick a style that doesn’t require a lot of work.
4. Consider adding a few layers or bangs to freshen up your look.
This will also add softness around your face.
5. Pick a color that looks natural and add some highlights around your face to brighten it.
6. Make sure you ask your stylist which products you should be using for your new hair style, and have your stylist show you how to use them.
Carla is available Wednesdays-Saturdays at Andreas Hogue Salon. Her works has been featured on Bloom, Pinterest, and in Modern Salon. Call the salon at 847-272-1616 to book an appointment or visit andreashogue.com.
Willow Festival Shopping Center
840 Willow Road., Suite K, Northbrook