The men in your life can always use something stylish, but don’t forget about the fun.
1. Elephant Tie: Add a bit of whimsy and color to your guy’s wardrobe with an elephant-patterned tie. It comes in a few great color combinations. There’s also a version featuring crabs for the seafaring fan. $95, J.McLaughlin, 567-A Lincoln Ave., Winnetka, 847-784-1730
2. Geophysic® Universal Time watch: Get your guy this exclusive watch, only being released in a select number of stores. It’s perfect for the world traveler who wants to know the time in all 24 time zones. $25,000, Burdeen’s Jewelry, 1151 W. Lake Cook Road, Buffalo Grove, 800-656-0414
4. Hecky’s Original Barbecue Sauce: Spice up the holidays with Hecky’s BBQ Turkeys (pre-order), and Original Barbecue Sauce — a great stocking stuffer for Dad! Hecky’s Barbecue, 1902 Green Bay Road, Evanston, 847-492-1182
5. “The History of Baseball in 100 Objects” by Josh Leventhal: For any guy who loves the game, give him a chance to learn about the items that helped shaped the sport. $30, The Book Stall, 811 Elm St., Winnetka, 847-446-8880
6. Lanvin Shell Sneaker: A grown-up pair of sneakers is a must. This Lanvin pair in anthracite gray grained calfskin will work with different outfits and occasions. $590, Lanvin, 116 E. Oak St., Chicago, 312-765-7075
7. Graf von Faber-Castell pen: Every man should have a great pen in their pocket. Graf von Faber-Castell has lovely writing utensils that make a statement at every price point. $65 and up, Razny Jewelers, 1700 Green Bay Road, Highland Park, 847-432-5300