Fun meets function with these easy to make father’s day gifts.
Duct Tape Luggage Tag
This cute luggage tag is made of nothing more than duct tape and paper. Best of all, it’ll remind Dad of his kids every time he travels.
- Duct Tape
- 1 Sheet of Clear Vinyl (2 ½ x 4 1/2 inches)
- Luggage Tag Insert, which you can download here.
Click here to download the tag insert.
1. Place strips of duct tape back to back (edges should overlap slightly as you add strips) until you have a sheet measuring 3×5 inches.
2. Print out and cut luggage tag insert.
3. Place vinyl on top of insert and secure with tape.
4. Cut right hand corners of tag, then make a ½ inch slit in the middle.
5. Cut a 6-inch piece of tape and fold in half length-wise. Thread strip through slit and secure to luggage with an additional piece of tape.
Thank you to Duck Brand for sharing this idea.
“Daddy-Que” Apron and Cupcakes
This gift is perfect for the dad who loves his grill AND cupcakes equally.
- Brownie batter (we like Ghirardelli Brownie mix, make it according to directions)
- Black food coloring
- White frosting
- Orange sugar
- Caramel creams
- Gummy candy (red, yellow, and green)
- Hot Tamales candies
1. Pour brownie batter into cupcake liners and bake 18-22 minutes at recommended oven temperature.
2. Mix frosting with a few drops of black food coloring and transfer to pastry bag.
3. Pipe “grate lines” onto each brownie and set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Add “embers” with a sprinkle of orange sugar.
5. Top with “kebobs,” “hotdogs” and “pork chops” made from candies. Use a toothpick to paint “char lines” with black food coloring.
- Canvas Apron
- Fabric Markers
Personalize an apron just for dad with fabric markers.
Thank you to Disney FamilyFun for sharing these ideas.
Fun on the Go!
Make a “Fun on the Go” kit that Dad can keep in the trunk of his car by filling an old backpack with Frisbees, sun block, non-perishable snacks and a small kickball. Now Dad will always be ready for fun, even at a moment’s notice.