Game On! is establishing a junior sports blogger group that offers an amazing opportunity for girls to take on the role of sports reporter/columnist.
The game plan for this team of bloggers is as follows: Each Game On! reporter will cover a sports story and write it up for posting on the blog “Game On! Sports Girl Talk” once per month. The post can cover news regarding her own or another girl’s sports team, a personal athletic experience or one she has observed, perspective on an issue, an interview, or other types of general stories involving girls sports and fitness.
Qualifications for candidates seeking to join the Game On! Junior Girls Sports blogger group:
- Girls grades K through 8th are eligible to apply
- Candidates must enjoy and participate in sports/fitness at any level
- Candidates must welcome the opportunity to write
- Candidates must make at least a year-long commitment
- Candidates must be willing to devote at least 5 hours per month to the group
- Parents must approve and stand ready to transport their roving blogorters to cover their local and chosen assignments and to meetings.
Space is limited. If necessary due to overwhelming interest, candidates may have to submit a writing sample.
Game On! runs summer multi-sport day camps for girls and other sports programs for girls, grades pre-k through 8th, to develop or enhance their appreciation and appetite for sports and fitness.
To apply: Go to the GAME ON! website for more details.