May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, there are more new cases of skin cancer annually than the combined incidence of breast, prostate, lung, and colon cancers.
Help prevent skin cancer by following these useful tips:
Schedule annual body checks with a dermatologist.
Wear SPF 30 sunblock, (preferably with zinc oxide as one of the
Know the ABCDE’s of Skin Cancer.
- Asymmetry – one half is unlike the other
- Border – irregular or poorly defined
- Color – varied from one area to another, may be any color
- Diameter – changing in size or larger than a pencil eraser
- Evolving – changing over time
This tip is courtesy of Skinfo® Specialty Skincare Boutique and Advanced Dermatology in Lincolnshire, IL.