Send sunshine Mom’s way with homemade Mother’s Day gifts she can enjoy all summer long.
Help mom get a summertime glow with this sweet smelling body scrub.
- Empty Jar
- Body Scrub Label (which you can download below):
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Essential Oil (vanilla, orange, or lavender work well)
Click here to download the label PDF:
1. Mix oils and sugar in a small mixing bowl.
2. Pour mixture into jar.
3. Glue label to the lid (as pictured) or to the front of the jar.
Kid Art Beach Tote
This bag is the perfect carryall for moms who love fashion, art and sand.
- Fabric Crayons
- Canvas Tote (available at craft stores)
- Hot Iron
1. Lay bag flat on a tabletop.
2. Have your child draw on tote with fabric crayons.
3. Tap bag on the tabletop to get rid of any crayon remnants.
4. Gently iron the drawing, which will help set the image and bring out the colors.
Hand-Drawn Note Cards
These cards are perfect for writing letters to camp or leaving notes for the babysitter. Best of all, they showcase artwork from mom’s favorite artist.
- White paper
- Black felt tip marker
- Plastic CD Sleeve
1. Fold paper in half (length-wise) and then in half again (width-wise).
2. Unfold paper to find 4 equal quarters.
3. Have your child draw a small picture in the top left corner of each quarter.
4. Photocopy 10 times onto cardstock and cut into fourths, which will make 40 note cards.
5. Place cards in plastic CD sleeve.
6. Thread ribbon through pre-cut holes and tie into a bow.
Add a touch of charm to your mom’s favorite “beach-read” with this easy to make bookmark.
- Silk String or Embroidery Floss
- 12-20 Beads
- 2 Charms
1. Cut string to be approximately 15 inches long.
2. Tie a charm to one end of the string.
3. Add 6-10 beads.
4. Leave the next 9- 11 inches alone (this is the section that will be sandwiched between the book).
5. Finish the other side of the bookmark with another set of beads and charm.
Need craft supplies? Our Better List has several great resources.