Tickets are on sale now for New Trier High School’s 2012 Alumni Achievement Awards Recognition Dinner.
The event will be held Thursday, March 15, at the Hilton Orrington Hotel in Evanston.
Nine of the 10 honorees who make up the alumni Class of 2012 are scheduled to accept their awards in person. The evening will begin with a cash-bar cocktail hour at 6 p.m. and a plated dinner program beginning at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $125 and can be purchased online or by calling the New Trier Educational Foundation at 847-784-2667. A limited number of tickets also are available for a VIP reception with the honorees from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Tickets to this reception are an additional $100 apiece.
All proceeds from the event will benefit the New Trier Educational Foundation, an independent non-profit organization that funds educational opportunities for New Trier students and faculty that are not a part of the District 203 budget. Make It Better founder and president Susan Blankenbaker Noyes is a co-founder of the New Trier High School Alumni Achievement Awards.
Confirmed attendees are:
|Michael Alter||Rahm Emanuel||Alan Krensky|
- Michael Alter, Class of 1979. Alter founded the youth service organization City Year Chicago. He is also president of the commercial real estate firm The Alter Group and owner of the WNBA’s Chicago Sky.
- Rahm Emanuel, Class of 1977. Emanuel was elected Mayor of Chicago in 2011, after serving as Chief of Staff to President Barack Obama. He previously served three terms as the U.S. Representative for Illinois’ 5th District and was a senior adviser to President Bill Clinton.
- Alan Krensky, Class of 1969. Krensky is a leading pediatric nephrologist and cancer researcher who developed the Children’s Health Initiative at Stanford University. His research on human T lymphocytes has led to the development of therapies for immune-related diseases.
|Thomas Miller||Martha Minow||Michael S. Rogers|
- Thomas Miller, Class of 1966. A former U.S. ambassador to Bosnia/Herzegovina and Greece, Miller also served as Special Cyprus Coordinator during a long diplomatic career. He is currently chairman of the International Commission on Missing Persons and president of the International Executive Service Corps, an international not-for-profit promoting stability through private enterprise.
- Martha Minow, Class of 1972. Minow is dean of the Harvard Law School and vice-chair of the Board of Legal Services Corporation, which provides legal assistance to low-income Americans. She helped start Imagine Co-existence, a UN program that promotes peaceful development in post-conflict societies, and is an expert on human rights advocacy.
- Michael S. Rogers, Class of 1977. Rogers was appointed in 2011 as Vice Admiral of the U.S. Navy and commander of the U.S. Fleet Cyber Command/commander, U.S. 10th Fleet. Rogers is an expert cryptologist who has served in a variety of top roles during a 30-year Navy career.
|James Sprayregen||James Collins Warren||Edward Zwick|
- James Sprayregen, Class of 1978. Sprayregen has been recognized as one of the world’s top restructuring attorneys. He is credited with bringing major companies such as United Airlines and MEGA Brands through bankruptcy successfully.
- James Collins Warren, Class of 1942. Warren served as one of the famed Tuskegee Airmen during World War II and helped lead fellow African-American officers in an effort to integrate the armed forces. He earned numerous honors throughout a long military career.
- Edward Zwick, Class of 1970. Zwick is an Academy Award-winning producer, director, and writer known for his work on films with social messages. His film credits include “Glory,” “Shakespeare in Love,” “Traffic,” and “Blood Diamond.”
Also being honored but unable to attend in person is Ann-Margret, Class of 1959. Ann-Margret is a Golden Globe and Emmy-winning actress, singer, and performer whose career spans five decades. In addition to her much-honored work in entertainment, she is also a longtime supporter of U.S veterans through her work with the USO.
Honorees also will participate in student events at New Trier during the week of the awards ceremony. More information on the Alumni Achievement Awards can be found at www.newtrieralumni.org