Doing a little spring closet cleaning? Well your gently used “trash” may be another woman’s—cocktail dress!
This winter, Friends of Gorton is hosting its first-ever dress drive. Here’s how it works: Collect your gently worn special occasion dresses and donate them to the Gorton Community Center. From now until March 13, you may drop them off at any one of these locations:
- Make It Better, 1150 Wilmette Ave., Suite J, Wilmette
- ABC Dry Cleaners (near Sunset Foods), 825 South Waukegan Road, Lake Forest
- Gorton Community Center, 400 East Illinois Road, Lake Forest
- The Lake Forest Shop, 265 East Market Square, Lake Forest
- The Grille on Laurel, 181 E. Laurel Ave, Lake Forest
Then, on March 13, be sure to attend The Gowns for Gorton Sale from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Grille on Laurel. Tickets cost $3 at the door and each dress will be on sale for $30. (It’s almost too good to be true—but it is!)
Since 1972 when it was saved from a wrecking ball by local residents, Gorton Community Center has provided a facility for not-for-profit social service and cultural organizations. Gorton’s operations, improvements, and programs are funded entirely through user fees and the generosity of area residents and businesses.
The Gowns for Gorton Sale may be just the place to find your dress for the Gorton Fashion Show cocktail party at Lake Forest Sports Cars on April 23, and the “Small Dance for a Big Cause” Gala on June 26. Call Kendelle Cornette for details: 847-338-5885.