On Thursday, Sept. 29, The Lake Forest Shop will host their annual community event, Shop Your Cause.
The opening night party will be from 5:30-8 p.m. with some amazing raffle prizes.
The evening will kick off the week-long Shop Your Cause event from Thursday, Sept. 29 through Thursday Oct. 6. The Lake Forest Shop will donate 10 percent of every sale to the community, nonprofit, partner of your choice. This years community partners are:
- The Gorton Center
- Ragdale Foundation
- Learning Disabilities Association
- I Have a Dream
- Lake Forest Symphony
- Stirling Hall
- Dear Path Art League
- Lake Forest Historic Preservation Foundation
Raffle prizes are as follows:
1. Two tickets to any Symphony concert – Lake Forest Symphony donation.
2. Buying trip to New York City with Ellen at The Lake Forest Shop.
3. Golf Foursome at Deerpath – City of Lake Forest Donation.
4. iTouch – Learning Disabilities Association Donation.
5. One of kind piece of art from Deer Path Art League.
6. Stuart Room at Gorton Community Center for any event (capacity of room is 150 people).
7. Private room or terrace at ELAWA for dinner party or event.
8. Two tickets to hear Dr. Wendy Mogel author of Blessing of a Skinned Knee – LEAD donation.
9. A basket of all the Authors represented at Ragdale, A Novel Affair! Autographed and everything!!
10. One year membership for Lake Forest Preservation Foundation.and two tickets to any special event this year.
11. Children’s art class at Stirling Hall
12. 4 service hours from CROYA kids (babysitting, yard work etc…)
Prices for raffle tickets are $10 each or 3 for $25. In addition, a donation box will be displayed at the store for those who wish to remain anonymous.
As part of this years celebration, a Key to the City of Lake Forest will be available at the Lake Forest Shop! Simply come in and give the required information prior to September 29th (name and vehicle license plate) and at opening night all who signed up will receive a Key to The City, allowing the recipient to park anywhere in the city for as long as you desire during the Shop Your Cause week!