With summer weather comes summer cocktails. Drizly, a new beer, wine and spirits delivery service available throughout the North Shore, makes summer cocktails at home easier than ever. Let Drizly deliver the alcohol while you soak up the summer sun. In partnership with Schaefer’s Wines, Foods & Spirits, Drizly provides a superior shopping experience for beer, wine and liquor through their mobile app and website. Combining the best selection and price, content-rich and personalized shopping experiences, and the speed and convenience of on-demand delivery, Drizly delivers “The Joy of Drinking™” to legal-age drinkers across the North Shore and beyond. Check out some recipes below provided by Drizly!
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (6-8 lemons)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 ounces of vodka per cocktail
- 2 tablespoons organic, dried rose petals for garnish
- 1 tablespoon rose water (optional)
Combine the lemon juice and sugar and whisk until sugar is completely dissolved. Add the salt, rose water and water. Store in the fridge for up to eight hours, add vodka and rose petals and serve over ice.
- 1 bottle dry red wine (Malbec works well)
- 3/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1.5 ounces simple syrup (add more for a sweeter taste)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Angostura Bitters
- Sliced fruit
Mix ingredients together in a pitcher and add sliced fruit (oranges, apples, pears, or peaches are great).
- 2 cups Pimm’s No. 1 Cup (the only version you’ll find in the U.S.)
- 1/2 cup London Dry Gin
- 1 small cucumber
- 12 strawberries
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 6 cups sparkling lemonade (or lemon-lime soda)
Thinly slice the cucumber and fruit and layer in a large pitcher with ice, adding a few mint leaves with each layer. Add the Pimm’s, gin and sparkling lemonade to the pitcher and gently stir to combine. Make sure everyone gets some fruit in their cup and garnish with a mint sprig.