Warm weather is here! Along with the sun come some additional concerns for your skin; keep in mind these tips from Red Door Spa wellness experts.
- The power of an hour. Sunscreen should be applied at least one hour before sun exposure and reapplied throughout the day. Looking for an everyday, lightweight, broad spectrum sunscreen? We recommend Red Door Spa Professional Solar Defense to block UVA/UVB/UVC rays.
- Sunglasses and hats aren’t just fashion statements, they offer protection too. The eye area does not have oil glands for protection, leaving it very susceptible to develop fine lines from squinting at the sun. Try Red Door Spa Professional Age Defense Multi-peptide Eye Cream to help reduce the visible signs of aging due to environmental exposure.
- Keep your age/brown spots at bay. These pesky spots migrate to the surface, not just as an effect of the sun but also from the heat. Hot, cloudy days may bring out spots too. When possible, limit the time that you spend in the heat.
- Try a home remedy. If you do find yourself sunburned, apply yogurt to the affected areas for redness and pain relief. Yogurt contains lactic acid which is a natural redness reducer.
- Dive in. Swimming will help with rehydration. If you cannot swim, take at least 2 tepid baths during the week.
- Lighten up. Use strong hydrating products for the face and body, preferably of a light consistency to penetrate but not leave your skin sticky or greasy. Incorporating a hydrating serum like Red Door Spa Professional Age Defense Hyaluronic Intensive Serum paired with your daily moisturizer should do the trick.
- Go Pro. Have a professional treatment for your face and body twice a month or a minimum of once a month.
Red Door Recommended
Spa Services for the Season:
Oxygen Infusion Facial
Delivers an infusion of oxygen and skin supporting minerals including zinc, calcium and carbon to deeply rejuvenate skin cells.
Vita-Rich Body Treatment
An omega-rich olive oil exfoliation prepares skin for a moisture-drenched warm vitamin and mineral wrap for supreme hydration.
Milk & Honey Manicure and Pedicure
A natural sugar exfoliation and massage, infused with pure milk and honey, soothe skin and replenish essential nutrients.
Enriching Hair & Scalp Massage
Incorporating a unique blend of refreshing rosemary to strengthen hair, and geranium, ylang-ylang and patchouli to clarify, stimulate and rebalance the scalp.
To learn more and locate a Red Door Spa near you visit reddoorspas.com