People make a neighborhood, but the numbers also tell an interesting story about our communities.
- $12 million: The price of the most expensive home sold in Lake Forest in 2011. $8.07 million was the price of the most expensive home sold in Lincolnshire in 2011. $181,000 was the median price of a single-family home in the U.S. in 2011 accoring to zillow.
- 40,900: The average daily commuters on the Northwest Union Pacific Metra life (Harvard to Chicago). 36,400 average daily commuters on Union Pacific North Metra line (Kenosha to Chicago). 23,500 average daily commuters on the Milwaukee District/North life (Fox Lake to Chicago).
- 27.5: New Trier’s class of 2011 composite ACT score. The national average in 2011 was 21.1.
- 97%: Graduation rate of Deerfield class of 2011 (highest). 90% Evanston class of 2011 (lowest). 75% national average graduation rate 2009.
- 100: Miles of paved bike trials in Cook County Forest Preserve. 9 miles of Green Bay Trail.
- 34: Number of ethinc communities represented in the Skokie Festival of Cultures.
- 0.03: Acres of park land per resident in Lincolnshire (highest). 0.003 acres of park land per resident in Kenilworth (lowest).
- 312: Cell phone use-while-driving violations in Winnetka in 2011.
- 0: Violent crimes reported in Barrington, Kenilworth, Lake Bluff and Northfield in 2010.