Thinking About Vein Treatment? See a Vascular Surgeon

You have made the decision.


You are ready … it’s time to get rid of those annoying and bothersome varicose veins in your legs.

Who should you call?

Your personal medical doctor is a good place to start. While internists and family practice physicians don’t treat varicose or spider veins, they can refer you to a specialist who does. And that specialist would be a vascular surgeon.

Just as you would see a cardiac surgeon if you needed open heart surgery, or an orthopedic surgeon for a hip replacement, it makes good sense to see a vascular surgeon about the veins in your legs.  A vascular surgeon specializes in disorders of the vascular system, namely, veins and arteries.

A vascular surgeon for varicose veins? Yes indeed. Unfortunately, varicose veins will not go away without some type of intervention.  Thankfully most treatment procedures are office based and minimally invasive. But just like any procedure they are not without risk and that is where the education and experience of a vascular surgeon pays off.

The health of your legs is really important, call the expert, a vascular surgeon.

  Who We Are       NFP Support       Magazine       Programs       Donate