Foodies, rejoice! Chicago Restaurant Week is back with dining deals at more than 430 restaurants. Plus, don’t miss a Mac & Cheese Crawl through River North, Winter Brew in Lincoln Square, and much more.
Jan. 24 to Feb. 9
A record number of restaurants are participating in this year’s Restaurant Week — more than 430! — including 80-plus first-time participants and more than 50 restaurants in the suburbs. Dine at Avli River North, City Winery Chicago, Kostali, L. Woods Tap & Pine Lodge, Monteverde, Oceanique, Vie, and more.
Jan. 24 to April 4
This is the Weinberg/Newton Gallery’s second exhibition at its new River West location and it features work by Gwyneth Zeleny Anderson, Jesse McLean, Sayward Schoonmaker, Sadie Woods, and Sonnenzimmer. “Given the current political climate, there are few topics more relevant today than the meaning of truth,” says exhibition curator and Gallery Co-Director Kasia Houlihan. “We are fortunate to be able to examine this subject through the lens of art, and hope to offer a nuanced perspective through the work of these incisive artists.”
Navy Pier and the Chinese Fine Arts Society present this traditional celebration for the “Year of the Rat” with dance, music, food, crafts, and more.
Warm up this weekend by trying seven different versions of mac and cheese at various River North bars.
Join the Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce for this indoor festival featuring some of the area’s best breweries and cideries, including Dovetail Brewery, Half Acre Beer Company, Sketchbook Brewing Co., and Temperance Beer Co.
More Can’t-Miss Events:
- On Jan. 25, spend your morning at Yogurt & Yoga at Maggiano’s Old Orchard. After a yoga class, enjoy a yogurt parfait bar and hot breakfast buffet.
- Get outside this winter with Polar Adventure Days at Northerly Island on Jan. 25 and Feb. 29. Meet animals, try snowshoeing, make crafts, drink hot chocolate, and more.
- LondonHouse Chicago’s annual Nordic Series returns Jan. 25. The series features a five-course meal highlighting cocktails and food “inspired by Nordic flavors and fare.” Tickets are available on Tock.
- The world premiere of “The Adult in the Room,” a play about Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, begins Jan. 26 at Victory Gardens Theater. The play is written by Bill McMahon and stars Orlagh Cassidy.
Make a Difference:
- Grab your friends and head out to the North Suburban YMCA on Jan. 25 for the Y’s first Trivia Night Fundraiser. Tickets for the event include beer, wine, and snacks, plus a chance to win raffle prizes. All proceeds will support the NSYMCA’s mission-focused programs.
- Cash for Kids on Jan. 25 celebrates the music of Johnny Cash while raising funds for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.
For even more things to do, check out our Arts & Events section for articles like 31 of the Best Things to Do in Chicago This January.
Anna Carlson writes the weekly Weekend 101 column and monthly Recommended Events. A graduate of the University of Missouri, her work has been published in Chicago Parent, Inside Columbia Magazine, and Central California Parent Magazine. She is a proud supporter of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.