This is an easy, delicious pasta dish that can be prepared as a vegetarian dish or with chicken or shrimp. Convito has this pasta dish on its menu periodically, and it is very popular!
Convito’s Capelli and Asparagus
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 15 min
- 1 lb. Capelli d’Angelo (Angel hair pasta)
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Grated lemon zest of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan
- 4 cups asparagus al dente
- 1 cup olive oil
- Slices of sautéed chicken breast
- Sauteed shrimp
- Olive oil to dip in the extra parmesan olive oil sauce.
- A crisp Sauvignon Blanc, like Natura from Chile for $12.99.
- Lemon yogurt cake with raspberry sauce for dessert.
1. Cut asparagus in 1-inch slices on an angle. Blanche asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes. Set aside.
2. Grate lemon zest of 1 lemon. Set aside. Squeeze approximately 3 lemons to make 1 cup of lemon juice. (Or buy lemon juice in a bottle.)
3. Grate parmesan, and chop parsley. Set aside.
4. Heat a stockpot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta. Add a touch of olive oil so it doesn’t stick, and set aside in a bowl.
5. Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add asparagus, parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt & pepper. Stir for 2 minutes until heated through. Add pasta and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Add grated parmesan and stir lightly. Save a pinch of parmesan to serve on top of each plate.
6. If you choose, add slices of sautéed chicken breast or sautéed shrimp on top of pasta.
Convito can help complete the menu:
Olive oil to dip in the extra parmesan olive oil sauce. A crisp Sauvignon Blanc, like Natura from Chile for $12.99. Lemon yogurt cake with raspberry sauce for dessert.