Nutty with a little hint of floral, this rice is perfect with stir fry or curry.
Sneaks in just a little more of that super-healthy green tea.
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup rice
- 1 green tea bag
- 2 cups boiling water, allowed to cool slightly
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
1. Place rice in a dry saucepan over medium heat. Stir rice until fragrant and lightly golden in color, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, brew tea in water for 1 minute. Add hot tea to rice in the saucepan. Add salt, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20 minutes. Allow rice to rest for a 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and if you like, garnish with green onions, almonds and sesame oil.