Another fun, roll-up-your-sleeves and get messy recipe.
Makes 40 or so Oreo truffles
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package Oreo cookies, finely crushed package cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 bag semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
1. Mix most of the Oreo cookie crumbs and cream cheese together (save a few crumbs to sprinkle on top). A mixer is a huge help, but kids can use their clean hands for more fun. Roll into 1 inch balls.
2. While the kids are mushing and rolling, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
3. Dip the balls in the chocolate. You can use a spoon to roll them around and fish them out.
4. Put the truffles on wax or parchment-lined cookie sheets and sprinkle with the reserved cookie crumbs. Refrigerate for at least an hour.