This was given to us by a fellow hockey mom who knows that veggies are only good for you if actually eaten.
She recommends it with broccoli, carrots and asparagus, but you can change it to any veggies you like.
Roasted Asian Veggies
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced (or 1/2 pound baby carrots)
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends discarded and sliced
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix together soy sauce, honey and sesame oil. Pour over broccoli, carrots, and asparagus.
3. Put on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Beverage Pairing: Asian food and wine aren’t always a great combination, but you can’t go wrong with a good local beer. We’re loving Goose Island’s Summertime.