Take the fruits that are in season in the winter and make a super-healthy, low-calorie salad. A nice change from wooly tomatoes and lettuce.
Total time: 20 minutes (should be done an hour or two ahead)
- 3 oranges
- 2 red grapefruits
- 2 clementines
- juice of 1 lime
- 1–2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Zest from the lime or orange to decorate (optional)
1. With a sharp knife, cut away the skin and pith (white membrane) from the oranges and grapefruits. Cut out each segment between the membranes. Work over a bowl to catch the juice.
2. Place all the segments in a bowl. Squeeze any remaining juice from the membranes.
3. Peel the clementines and divide into segments. Add to the bowl, then add the lime juice. Sprinkle with the sugar. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Add zest before serving.