A homemade soup that’s done in a flash, but tastes like you simmered it all day.
The secret is the chicken broth and Italian sausage combo.
White Bean and Escarole Soup With Italian Sausage
- 4 mild Italian sausages, chopped (good ones from a butcher)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 head escarole, chopped (you can substitute baby spinach)
- 1 Parmesan cheese rind
- 1 can white, cannellini beans (15 ounces)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Saute the sausage, garlic and pepper flakes in the olive oil until the meat is no longer pink.
2. Add 3 cups chicken broth, escarole and the cheese rind. Simmer 15 minutes.
3. Add cannellini beans, stir and heat until warmed through. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
4. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Complete the menu: Crusty bread and an Italian red wine.