If you want to tackle one not-too-hard task this weekend, make it organizing your toiletries.
Summer is a great time to sort and toss! Here are 5 tips for organizing your toiletries from the book, “The Fast and Furious 5 Step Organizing Solution.”
1. Throw away anything that has expired as well as all still-good but not-to-your-taste beauty products.
2. Don’t even open beauty product gift baskets. Donate them to the nearest nursing home where they may be needed.
3. Double up. Use brands that you can share with other family members.
4. Rather than buy additional products, adopt your grandmother’s frugal resourcefulness. For instance, witch hazel can be used as an astringent, bug bite cure, hemorrhoid treatment, rash and skin irritant soother, and shaving cream.
5. A plastic mesh basket next to the sink will capture your daily use products and will allow you to sweep them aside in one efficient motion when it is time to clean the sink and countertop.
“The Fast and Furious 5 Step Organizing Solution,” written by Susan C. Pinsky, makes quick work of transforming your clutter-filled home into a place where organization rules. The book provides tips (5 in fact!) for organizing every part of your home, from the laundry room to the living room. It even provides tips on how to stop the clutter before it even appears.
The book features real life before and after pictures, providing evidence that Pinsky’s professional organization skills really work.