Beloved Sons and Daughters, I love you enormously and I am very proud of each of you.
Please hold that thought top of mind and deep in your soul. You are my greatest legacy to this world; I will love you for eternity and beyond.
If I die tomorrow—and even if I don’t—please remember the following as my mothering legacy to you (and please forget all the times I lost my patience!).
- Engage in the world with love and not with fear. You get back what you give out; love weaves the richest tapestry of life.
- Pursue your dreams and seek exceptional mentors.
- Seek not to lead for your own sake, but rather to help others.
- Be an active creator rather than a passive user. You will be delighted with how interesting life becomes when you get out of the house and do something each day.
- Make as much lemonade as possible with life’s inevitable lemons.
- Work hard and play hard. Laugh, sing, dance and look for the best in each moment.
- Relish good food and good company. Have as many family dinners as possible.
- Be a life-long learner. Seek out great ideas and great performing and visual arts; these will nurture your intellect and soul.
- Leave each place better than you found it.
- Forgive each other.
- Split my jewelry fairly and without too much angst. The sparkle inside you is far more valuable than the baubles.
Please Join Us:
In this virtual event, expert David A. Handler of Kirkland & Ellis will discuss Preserving Wealth and Family Values: Reality Collides with Conventional Wisdom.
Join us to learn from David, who was named in The Best Lawyers in America©, (Trusts and Estates) as the 2018 Trusts and Estates “Chicago Lawyer of the Year.”
Following David’s discussion, please join Make It Better Media Group founder Susan B. Noyes at her virtual table post event. She will be discussing Wealth & Family Values — Conversations With Your Children.