Summer is for sports! If your daughter is hoping to sharpen her basketball skills or your son wants to work on his footwork, Chicago’s professional sports teams have an array of week-long camps for kids from ages 2 – 16.
No matter what your sport—basketball, baseball (Northsiders’s fans and Southsiders’ fans welcome!), football, hockey or soccer—there’s a camp to improve athleticism and enhance player development. Have a multisport athlete? Sign up for a few camps throughout the summer to give your favorite competitor a well-rounded workout. But do it soon… these camps fill up faster than you can say, “Play Ball!”
**And for those who head north for the summer, we’ve thrown in a few Wisconsin options, too.
All camps are for girls and boys unless otherwise noted.
Chicago Bears Youth Football Camp
Location: Varies, includes Glenview, Wilmette, Winnetka, Lake Forest, and Lincolnshire. See website for all options.
Cost: 3-hour camp = $229, full-day camp = $379 (with code CBFB30)
- Official Bears camp t-shirt
- Option for additional mini-camps for skills training
- Awards and prizes throughout the week
*Green Bay Packers run a similar camp in Madison, Mecquon, Kenosha, and Oconomowoc. For dates, locations and pricing, go to their website here.
Chicago Blackhawks Youth Hockey Camps
Location: Varies, includes Wilmette’s Centennial Recreation Center. See website for all options.
Cost: Varies, $180 up to $450
- Girls’ only camp in Oak Park
- Guest instructors, such as Dennis Savard, Jamal Mayers or Eddie Olczyk
- Two on-ice sessions per day
- Blackhawks alumni, staff and others on hand
- Hockey jersey for every camper
Chicago Bulls Basketball Summer Camp
Ages: varies depending on location, but generally 6-12
Location: Varies, includes Deerfield, Evanston, Libertyville, Northbrook and Wilmette. See website for all options.
Cost: half-day (3 hours) $215; full-day (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.) $525
- EXCLUSIVE United Center Experience!! (with one guest)
- Q&A session with a current or former Chicago Bulls player and radio/TV broadcast personality
- 4 White Sox ticket vouchers for a White Sox game (restrictions apply)
- Chicago Bulls Duffle Bag, T-shirt and Basketball
The Bulls also offer two five-day intensive sessions for ages 6-17 in Lisle. The All-Day Player Camp features current and former Bulls team players in addition to special guests. Participants get an autograph and photo session with guest coaches. See website for details.
Chicago Cubs Baseball Summer Camp
Ages: 5 -13 years old
Location: varies, include Lake Forest, Evanston, and Palatine. See website for all options.
- A meet-and-greet with a current Cubs player
- Cubs uniform including hat, jersey, pants, socks and belt
- Autographed photo of a player on the Cubs current roster
Chicago Fire Soccer Camp
Ages: Varies depending on camp site, but generally from 2-16 years old, with participants divided into groups by age.
Location: varies, including Lake Forest and Skokie (**check for Wisconsin locations, too)
Cost: Varies depending on camp location, but generally about $120 for half-day program (3 hours)
- An SITC Dri-Fit jersey,
- Chicago Fire soccer ball
- individual player evaluation
- Ticket to a Chicago Fire game at Toyota Park
Chicago White Sox Baseball Summer Camp
Location: Varies, include Northbrook, Winnetka, Vernon Hills, and Deerfield. See website for all options.
Cost: Pricing varies depending on age of player and length of camp day—four or five days, depending on age of player.
- Visit to U.S. Cellular Field (with one guest)
- Q&A session with a current White Sox player, coach, and radio/TV broadcast personality
- 6 White Sox ticket vouchers for a White Sox game (restrictions apply)
- Academy Hat
- Camp T-shirt
- Skills Competition: Every camper participates in our Skills Competition, with top 30 qualifiers in each age throughout the summer competing in the finals on U.S. Cellular Field in September.
Milwaukee Brewers Summer Camp
Location: varies, includes Green Bay, Fond du Lac and Delafield. See website for all options.
Cost: $395, one week, full-day camp
- VIP day trip to Miller Park, including dugout visit and photo with Brewers player
- 4 Brewers game tickets
- Full Brewers uniform (jersey, pants, hat and belt)
Love this article? Here’s more just like it!